More and More is becoming known about gluten free foot

I had just been over one week without wheat products. I feel fine. I think I will stay with this program until, well , I don't know until when.

I do want other people who have conditions of health they can't solve, to try gluten free foods as their first line of defence.

Sunday, January 30, 2011

Glutenfree

I will focus on the gluten free topic now.

I am putting myself on this diet. So far it has been successful in getting rid of my main complaint. That complaint was a headache.

Within 24 hours of not eating any gluten I am fine, feel good.

I will continue for a week. At that time I will decide to stay gluten free, consult a professional dietitian or what. Any advice?

Still blogging at Astitchisastitch.

It is Now Feb.  12th.  That is just two weeks with no gluten products.  Haven't really missed much.  That is because I made up my mind to go without gluten.  Having Porcupine Meatballs, french fries, jello and fruit dessert.

Lots, numerous, a plethora of things are left in the diet without gluten.  I have used gluten free bread since I miss toast in the morning.  And I use glutenfree cereals.  Most of the food I do get is made from rice flour.

So at 2 weeks I still feel fine.

It is now March and close to 6 weeks gluten free.  For dinner I made cornbread with glutenfree flour and cornmeal.  Steak, potatoe, sour cream, milk, butter, brocolli.  The switch to gluten free for me was easy, because I am not a big eater anyway.   I will continue glutenfree eating and keep revaluating.

I may consult a professional nutrionist or other profesional for opinion on anything vitamin or mineral I may be missing out on.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Any info on gluten intolerance is greatly appreciated.